Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Vacation Pics!!

I was on vacation last week and went to Mom and Dad's we had a wonderful time of weeding and eating and taking care of a 3yr old boy from next door. I will show you some pics.

here is my Dad with Austin (the 3yr old next door) and Tixie Austin's pup (this dog is a true nanny it is amazing how these 2 play together and no one gets hurt Mom is in the background. Austin calls them Grampa Bill and Granma Karen..when he sees them he goes running full force and just gives the biggest hug!! I laugh cause he pats you on the back like everything is a-okay!!

Dad's Birthday was on Jun 29th and has turned 81 yrs young!! He is working on a special project right now I will show you them on my quilting blog. http://www.patchworksanity.blogspot.com
He has been working hard on these and planning they turned out absolutely wonderful. I love them!! Mom said Dad was so worried about them and whether I would like them or not.. love them!!


We ate out with wonderful friends the second night they have been very helpful with my parents and PIPI and Mary have a wonderful farm..they are retired and their son owns it now but they live on the land still.. nice setup I would say. Last time we were there PIPI gave us a bunch of cedars that mother and I planted..PIPI started them from his that are already on his land. Great history passing it on


These gorgeous turbines are in a lower part of Ontario.. Blenheim way and there are many.. the stand as sentinals in the fields.. many of them this is only a couple of them.. I would say there were about 40-50 of them.. just amazing.. if you want to see them and are in Ontario drive along the Talbot Trail.. a lovely piece of road to drive through
Well this is only a small portion of pics will post more later in the week




1 comment:

Kiera-Oona said...

I wish they would as some more of those turbines here in Toronto. They could probably cut down on some of the hydro just from the propellers spinning close to the DVP or gardner just from the exhaust alone. So far they only have the one of them at the CNE fairgrounds.